Background

.....................Follow Me

Monday, June 20, 2011

Photographing Your Cards

I have been asked how I take my pictures for posting on my blog. Well, I started out just taking them around the house where the light was best and there were no reflections from the windows or from the overhead lights.  That took a bit of time since I have so many windows in my house. I had to take too many pictures to get what I wanted and then they still didn't suit me.  I decided to check around for a good light tent set up. I wanted one that was portable and could be dismantled easily if necessary. Something that you could even set up in a spare bedroom right on the bed.

This is what I came up with.

The collapsible tent comes with red black and white cloth inserts. I added a piece of white poster board to eliminate the view of the fold in the back. I have a light on each side and added my old  Ott light in the back for additional light.  The daylight bulbs are necessary for the correct color rendition.  I always use a tripod for sharper photos. Most any camera will do although I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2  . I use Photoshop Elements to further adjust the photo. This allows me to crop the photo and lighten it further if necessary. The light tent set up is pretty reasonable at about $80.00 including the lights and can be found here.  Just look below the add and you will find the lights+tent combo that I have.

If you plan to photograph your cards for submissions or contests a light tent is the way to go. I am very happy with mine and use it for eBay sales as well.

I hope this was helpful to you all and thanks for stopping by. I will have a new card with handmade satin roses for you tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment